Re: To all digest users

---------

From: West Friedman (FRIEDMAW_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 10:56:11 PST

I agree! Where do teachers get the time to spend all day e-mailing.?

>>> markcalexander@yahoo.com 02/05/03 09:59PM >>>

Thanks for bringing this up, Maggie. I don't mean to be a hard butt, but when I sift through something like 100 emails a day (often more!), I first delete and block (unopened) all spam, then I delete (unopened) all those emails without a subject, and that includes ArtsEdNet emails with 'digest' subjects. Then I delete emails with subjects that don't interest me, Then I open all those emails I feel may be personal, urgent or emails that reply to a thread I'm following. I find I have to reduce the time I spend at this, while reaping the greatest return for my time investment. A good way to do that is to jump to the emails with usable subject lines and cast out the rest.
I can't help but feel that sending posts with insufficient or even no subject line is a little inconsiderate....and on a bad day I find myself thinking these non-subject line posts are even disrespectful to me and my need to budget my time. I know you digest users who do this probably mean no harm, and that some of you might be newbies, but I have to tell you how it makes me feel. The sad part is that you might even have good stuff to relate, but I'm missing it. SO....If you want me to read it, please remember to put an appropriate subject on it! If it is directed specifically to me (rather than just ArtEdNet) it is very helpful to include a 'for Mark' after the subject in the subject line)
Thanks for hearing me out. I hope to hear more from you in the future!
Respectfully, Mark
 Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com> wrote:
Lately a lot of digest users have been replying to the list with the
date of the digest in the subject line.

Do you Yahoo!?