Re: NAEA Convention

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 07:38:21 PST

The conference agenda is pretty set once it gets into print. Usually the
only changes are cancellations. Sometimes you can find someone to sell
you a ticket to a workshop there - there is usually a bulletin board
used for that purpose. I never sign up for paid workshops, though,
because there are so many offered to choose from that come with your
registration. And, 25 minutes is fine for many presentations - please go
to more than hands-on workshops - there is a treasure trove of
offerings.

And, elementary art teachers, the illustrator and author Eric Carle is
one of the featured speakers in Minneapolis.

Nancy

>>> holmgren@lkdllink.net 02/09/03 08:41PM >>>
I have a question for those of you have been to NAEA conventions.
First,
is the conference agenda that came out several months ago pretty
accurate, or will there be something new when you get there? Also, I
have noticed that except for the hands on worshops, many of the
presentations seem to be 25 minutes long. Can much really be
accomplished in just 25 minutes?

Also, I'm assuming the hands-on workshops fill up really quickly--like,
probably are already full.? Is it ever possible to sign up for any of
these at the conference itself?

Mary H.

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu