Re: Scratch Art Scratch Foam printing board...a disappointment

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 07:24:44 PST

I use Scratch art foam board all the time and love it. Have students
first make line drawings on newsprint cut the same size as the foamboard
(I cut the 9 x 12 sheets into halves or fourths to make them go
farther). When the drawing is complete, have students tape it to the
foam board with masking tape and then trace over their drawings with
pencil. Have them next remove the paper drawing and trace over the
drawing again with a dull pencil to make the lines wider and deeper.
Print using brayers to coat the foam board with water-soluble printing
ink. I just did this with my second graders with great results.

Nancy

>>> lseiler@ez-net.com 02/08/03 07:14PM >>>
I ordered for the first time the foam printing surface from Scratch Art
where you incise with a blunt tipped wood dowel or pencil a
drawing...then
ink and print. Tried it today with Nasco's block acrylic ink...and did
so a
number of times. Turned out some poor prints to say the least.
Wondering
if any have tried this stuff and had some success they could share?

I laid sulphite drawing paper over and rubbed with my hands, then tried
Kraft brown roll paper...still all unimpressive.

If you have suggestions that would be great, other than that...I'll be
trying to figure out another use for the stuff! hahaha....

Larry Seiler

My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you
do!"
Edgar Degas

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu