To Ken Re: trip to Italy

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 07:25:52 PST

Bicyclken@aol.com wrote:

> just pray that we (US) don't start our war while I am gone as it will
> not be cool to be American if Europe is not with us.

Have a great time, Ken! I, also, hope there's no war, period. I know
what you mean about being American overseas right now. I'm actually
planning a trip to Jordan this summer, and Thailand next Xmas, and
wonder if I should admit to being American while there so I can let
people know not all of us are behind Bush. I see it as an opportunity
to be an ambassador for OUR side--the side of peace, that is--but it
also has the potential to turn ugly and put me at risk.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about the trip when you get back. And
I hope you're able to put the list mail on hold; I couldn't this past
Xmas.

Maggie

---