Re: scratchfoam ideas

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 17:55:01 PST

>Subject: Re: scratchfoam ideas

I just did a clay project with this scratchfoam in third.They study fossils in their classroom. So I had them draw a self portrait- on copy paper and then I shrank them 35%. They fit on a foam piece about 3x4.We taped the portraits on copy paper to the scratchfoam and traced. Then we removed the paper and pressed real deep into the scratchfoam.

We rolled out an organic shape of clay( oval, sort of ) and trimmed the edges. We layed the portrait down in the middle of the oval and rolled it with a roller.

Previously, we had made stamps out of clay from the bottom of their shoes. They covered the borders of their oval with their classmates shoe "fossil prints".Then they removed the scratchart foam and layed their piece of clay in a form I had made from rolled up news paper.MJ

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ---