Re: perspective and appropriate age

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:48:32 PST

I have an entire family where all the males are color blind. What I have
focused on with these students is to try to get different values instead of
focusing on the color itself. The biggest problem I have encountered is when
a project takes more than one day - my boys have trouble distinguishing what
colors they used last time so they begin working with whatever color they
think they used. I personally don't have a problem, but it never fails that
some little darlin will ask why little Johnny made a green lion. So, if we
have to clean up mid-project I will have students write the names of the
colors they used on the back of the project - this works well with colored
pencils, markers, and crayons, Not so well with paints or colored paper.
This is at the elementary level.
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

    On my support group list for nystagmus (an involuntary movement of the
> eyes,) there is a lot of discussion at times about challenges the children
> with this condition have in school. Some of these challenges involve
reading
> and art among other subjects. A number of these children have color
> blindness, also. Do you any of you on this list have any methods you
employ
> to help these children? I would appreciate any responses that I can pass
on
> to the parents on the list.

---