Re: perspective and appropriate age

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:23:45 PST

    Thanks to all for your compassionate, thoughtful and sometimes humorous
observations on this topic. As someone who has visual difficulties for
seeing 3-D images (such as in dot matrix magic eye books,) I can understand
how some kids don't "get it." Vision is the slowest sense to develop and
needs to be continuously stimulated from birth. I had, during my teaching
years, a philosophy and structure similar to Mark's and it worked well for
me and the students.
    On my support group list for nystagmus (an involuntary movement of the
eyes,) there is a lot of discussion at times about challenges the children
with this condition have in school. Some of these challenges involve reading
and art among other subjects. A number of these children have color
blindness, also. Do you any of you on this list have any methods you employ
to help these children? I would appreciate any responses that I can pass on
to the parents on the list.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

---