Re: Scratch Art Scratch Foam printing board...a disappointment

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:17:27 PST

Since I cut mine into squares I end up with 9x3" - which is great for bookmarks. :-) Last month I had students make the connection between having to draw objects and letters in reverse and the word "ambulance" on the front of the vehicle. Funny how their little minds work when they're being creative!
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
  My kids love to make cards for holidays, so I use this around holidays. I usually don't do holiday projects, but if they want to do holiday stuff, why not while learning about relief printing, texture, patterns or some other drawing project.

  For cards they fold a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 into quarters and print on the front. Sometimes they get confused and get it backwards but they don't seem to care. Office paper comes in lots of colors (and not the art budget), and matching envelopes that accomodate a 1/4 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 are available.

  Now I wish the foam would come in 8 1/2 x 11 instead of 9 x 12. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with 8 1/2 x 1 pieces of this foam? It would be nice to hear from those who have used this material in some other way.

---