Re: Scratch Art Scratch Foam printing board...a disappointment

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 17:41:15 PST

I use this stuff with my elementary students. I really like it for teaching
the basic printmaking technique without worrying about students cutting
themselves with sharp tools. No, the results aren't all that exciting but
the students love the process and will print for hours without caring if
they have a print that looks good. At the middle school I have one project
this works relatively well for. The foam should be square. The student
creates a design with a border on 2 corresponding sides. Their initial goes
on the opposite corner. Fill in the negative space with designs. Print 4
that are alike. The 4 then get placed together to form a larger artwork. I
like the way the prints look on colored paper. I don't wet the paper or get
too technical, I just try to give them the experience.
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I ordered for the first time the foam printing surface from Scratch Art
> where you incise with a blunt tipped wood dowel or pencil a drawing...then
> ink and print. Tried it today with Nasco's block acrylic ink...and did so
> number of times. Turned out some poor prints to say the least. Wondering
> if any have tried this stuff and had some success they could share?

---