Tim McCreight's video for Jewelry - it's a good one

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 17:33:19 PST

I just viewed The Complete Metalsmith with Tim McCreight today (Brookfield
Craft Center Video Library).....I was curious because I went to high school
with him. This is a great companion to his book, the Complete
Metalsmith.While the video is 70 minutes long, you wouldn't show the whole
video the same day. You would devide it into sections -- the video is easily
devided into "chapters". It is very easy to fast forward thru steps you will
not be doing with the students. I highly recommend it for your beginning
jewelry classes. He shows how to cut and pierce the metal-- how to join
(goes into the science of joining - what is happening)-- how to form --and
surface techniques. He does a very good job explaining how to do each
process and stresses proper safety - and shows tools needed. Included at the
end of the video is a section where he makes three projects - a ring and a
pendant showing two different ways to set stones and the last project a
hinged box. I think it would be a great addition to your high school video
library.

I don't know where they resource center purchased it ---but you can find it
online.
http://www.craftweb.com/org/brookfld/videos.htm

Here is an online review:
http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/archive/9701/msg00257.htm