Re: State Deficits and Opportunity for Charter Virtual Schools...

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 16:22:47 PST

A number of
> teachers are hired to do nothing but maintain
> contact with homeschoolers K-7
> online, and organize about every 1-2 weeks a general
> get together for social
> interaction his students and parents. Eventually
> plans are to go K-12...

I see huge problems with public education, but can't
see virtual schools providing a solution. At least a
financial one.

Most students ride the bus - their parents are at
work. We have to have in-school suspension because
parents will not assume responsibility for their
children for 2 days. Most districts in the Houston
area are providing free and reduced breakfast and
lunch - will we have to deliver?