Re: Masking

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 15:20:09 PST

I remember buying something in college that was called Friskit or something
along that line. Works similiar to rubber cement. I haven't used it in a
dozen years so I have no idea how much it costs, especially for an entire
class. I have students create stencils for several projects - not a great
alternative but it is cost effective. You could also use clear contact paper
and cut off the excess with X-acto knives if the class is mature enough.
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> >Our art teacher is doing a great unit on water color with the 5th grade.
> >She was going to use rubber cement for masking next week, but I
> >mentioned that several of my kids had asthma attacks from strong fumes
> >in the cafeteria, when another student cleaned the tables for the
> >monitor (Clorox). She wants to know if y'all have an alterative product
> >you would recommend. Thanks.
> >Sincerely,
> >Kimberly Herbert

---