Re: Masking

---------

From: William Norton (alethiap_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 08:58:24 PST

>Our art teacher is doing a great unit on water color with the 5th grade.
>She was going to use rubber cement for masking next week, but I
>mentioned that several of my kids had asthma attacks from strong fumes
>in the cafeteria, when another student cleaned the tables for the
>monitor (Clorox). She wants to know if y'all have an alterative product
>you would recommend. Thanks.
>Sincerely,
>Kimberly Herbert

Kim:

A great alternative to rubber Cement is YES glue. It is a water-based safe
product that can be repositioned, etc. I'm not sure about masking, but it
sure works as a great glue! It is a little pricey - $12.00/quart. It is
the consistency of the old kid's paste in a jar. Can be spread very thin
and also be thinned w/water. Check it out! I believe they have a web
site.

Bill Norton

---