Re: Storytelling and Art

---------

TEACHINGTALES_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 20:22:29 PST

In a message dated 2/7/2003 10:52:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lindwood@webtv.net writes:

> The never get tired of this book, and they know so
> many of the stories almost by heart now.

Hi Linda,

Just to mention, the stories in the book are not all David's, it is a
compilation of tales from other well known tellers. And yes, you are right,
the book is a winner. It was actually but together by by David Holt and Bill
Mooney, both great tellers in their own right.

They have a second anthology out, _More Ready to Tell Tales_ by Holt and
Mooney, equally as wonderful. Many of my best stories in my repertoire come
from these two books. If anyone is interested the books can be found at the
www.augusthouse.com Title Search
http://www.augusthouse.com/catalog/search.asp?qs_keywords=Holt+and+Mooney

warm wishes,
Karen
Karen Chace
Professional Storyteller
Co-publisher <A HREF="http://www.workingsmarts.com/">Working smARTS - An e-Publication for Professional Children's
Artists</A>
Producer of Researching Stories on the Internet CD <A HREF="http://www.story-lovers.com/productschace.html">Storytellers'
Products-Karen Chace</A>
LANES Board Member
Co-Chair Hospitality Committee: NSN Conference, Chicago 2003
Arts Web Researcher
"If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others."
                                             Tryon Edwards

---