Re: Storytelling and Art

---------

TEACHINGTALES_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 17:25:56 PST

In a message dated 2/7/2003 4:03:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, rlarson@tls.net
writes:

> I have been looking up story telling sites myself lately, and there is a
> site called storytelling webring- I think that has links to some stories

Dear Betsy and all,

I was remiss in not sending this link before. My friend Jackie is a
storyteller and has an incredible website of her own which carries exquisite
story related items: note cards, note pads, bookmarks, pictures, etc., all
from antique folklore and fairytale books, but she didn't stop there. You
see, Jackie is a member of the Storytell listserv which is run by Texas
Women's University. There are over 500 storytellers/teachers/librarians and
more of us from around the world. Needless to say the conversation centers on
storytelling.

Jackie has taken it upon herself to compile the hundreds hundreds of story
suggestions from list members and categorized them for easy reference. If you
go to her site Story-Lovers Greeting Cards http://www.story-lovers.com/ , and
after you have torn yourself away from the gorgeous artwork, click on the SOS
(Sharing Our Stories) link and you will fall like Alice through the looking
class into a world of story. Don't be late! :)

blessings,
Karen
Karen Chace
Professional Storyteller
Co-publisher <A HREF="http://www.workingsmarts.com/">Working smARTS - An e-Publication for Professional Children's
Artists</A>
Producer of Researching Stories on the Internet CD <A HREF="http://www.story-lovers.com/productschace.html">Storytellers'
Products-Karen Chace</A>
LANES Board Member
Co-Chair Hospitality Committee: NSN Conference, Chicago 2003
Arts Web Researcher
"If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others."
                                             Tryon Edwards

---