Re: Linoleum Block Printing- Famous Artists?

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 06:29:04 PST

In a message dated 2/6/2003 8:56:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmolnar1@msn.com writes:

> Do any of you know of any famous artists who did alot of linocuts or
> woodblock prints? Thank you!
> -Michelle

Albrect Durer,was a great woodcut artist, using end grain. Andy Warhol did
silk-screens but they could and do look a lot like linoleum block prints. I
do a lesson I cal niners, because we do three plate linoleum block prints
nine times and in the style of Warhol.

Ken Schwab

---