Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Linoleum Block Printing- Famous Artists?

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 21:52:09 PST

Some examples of Picasso's (reduction prints)

Henri Matisse also did beautiful contour lino prints - black and white
(couldn't find any online by doing a quick search - maybe you could dig a
little deeper)

Perhaps this page will be of help:

I liked the German expressionists woodcut prints. I have links I can send
you for modern Chinese woodcut prints - very expressionistic. I posted them
to the lsit a while back but haven't put the web page together yet.

These artists also did linoleum prints:
Kandinsky, Kirchner, Baselitz and Paladino. Work by Dutch artists like M.C.
Escher, CÚsar Domela, Jeanne Oosting, Corneille, Klaas Gubbels and Mark

Judy Decker