Re: carded wool

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 18:54:54 PST

I bought some on e-bay for under $5 and got enough to spin with an entire
class. I made drop spindles with CD's and dowel rods. And there is a process
called "felting" where you take the washed wool and heat it in commercial
dryers. The packed wool is used to make vests, pot holders, etc. I did this
in college a dozen years ago and had forgotten all about it. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> >Does anyone know where to find undyed, un-carded wool?
> >
> >I think it's something used to make felt.
> >
> >Dawn

---