Re: carded wool

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 18:13:10 PST

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>Does anyone know where to find undyed, un-carded wool?
>
>I think it's something used to make felt.
>
>Dawn

 On a sheep! I'm sorry. :-)
The last time I used wool with kids I was working at a school that had a model
farm with sheep. We made felt balls and experimented with carding and
spinning, but I never got the spinning down myself.
If you do a search for "raw wool" you may find what you're looking for.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---