Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Display case

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:11:52 PST

probably nudes would work! hahahahaha just kidding!

>>> 02/05/03 10:47PM >>>
I need ideas for our art department show case. We have a huge show
between all of the art rooms at our high school. All of the other
in our building are filled with artwork. (Yes we do have trophy cases
Well I'm in charge of changing the display each month or so to
advertise our
art program. We would also like the display to be educational and way

We have a huge area with three glass shelves.

I have a few ideas but wondered if you had any better ones?

Hands: Hang all fine art prints with a focus on hands. (Michelangelo
prints, Escher, etc) Display our wooden hand dummy, and plaster hands
have. Hang art students have created pertaining to hands.

Beasts: Hand art prints of dragons, monsters. Display dragon
from classes. Dragon drawings. Display information on the history of
dragon. List famous beasts.

Styles: Each month the showcase would change. Impressionism, Cubism,
Romantic, Genre.. hanging famous art and student art which follows

Anyone else have ideas that would get the attention of the high school

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO