Re: ISRAEL, INDIA, NASA, & military in space (fwd)

---------

From: Robert L. Snyder (rsnyder_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 06:49:25 PST

Lawrence: Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing this info. with us
about Columbia and the 'militarization of space'.! As our defense budget
approaches $350 billion a yr. and with the Bush Admin. recommending that
it increase over the decade to where it will be close to $500 billion
by 2010 it is no surprise to me that they want to re-orient more of the NASA missions
towards military purposes rather than science(s) that serve humanitarian
and environmental purposes.

With more & more of our tax dollars going towards the military & so-called
national security matters, & the fact that tax rates may very well be
reduced for wealthy individuals it will not surprise me if states start to
go into the 'red' on their state budgets and cut spending on domestic
items including education - and we all (art teachers) know what areas they
will start in on first.

- Rob Snyder, Maryland

---