Display case

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 19:47:22 PST

I need ideas for our art department show case. We have a huge show case
between all of the art rooms at our high school. All of the other showcases
in our building are filled with artwork. (Yes we do have trophy cases too.)
Well I'm in charge of changing the display each month or so to advertise our
art program. We would also like the display to be educational and way cool.

We have a huge area with three glass shelves.

I have a few ideas but wondered if you had any better ones?

Topics

Hands: Hang all fine art prints with a focus on hands. (Michelangelo
prints, Escher, etc) Display our wooden hand dummy, and plaster hands we
have. Hang art students have created pertaining to hands.

Beasts: Hand art prints of dragons, monsters. Display dragon sculptures
from classes. Dragon drawings. Display information on the history of the
dragon. List famous beasts.

Styles: Each month the showcase would change. Impressionism, Cubism,
Romantic, Genre.. hanging famous art and student art which follows the
theme.

Anyone else have ideas that would get the attention of the high school
student?

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO