Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: positive-negative design

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 19:12:54 PST

Sounds like NOTAN

a good basis for beginning design principles

Subject: positive-negative designsts.gett

Do any of you know where I got a project using a 12x12 piece of paper. You
cut out a shape and draw it on the paper several times and then you draw a
secondary shape using a shape or free handing the shape. You color in the
background with markers and the secondary shape but leave the first shape
uncolored. It either came from here or an Arts and Activities magazine. I