Re: Ideas for Black History Month

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 18:20:58 PST

The Pinkeny's are fantastic chldren's book
illustrators (and I have learned a tremendous amount
of black history while reading their books to my
students.) The father does beautiful watercolors and
the son does equally fantastic paintings.
http://www.tfaoi.com/newsmu/nmus27c.htm

This link leads to a review of a Duke Ellington Book
by mother, illustrated by son
http://www.ala.org/booklist/v94/youth/je1/62pinkne.html

The Phillips collection has a great site for Jacob
Lawrence
http://www.phillipscollection.org/lawrence/index.html

What level are you gearing this towards?

Good luck - Dawn