Re: weird emails

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:20:50 PST

I don't think a spammer can glean our addresses from the list itself,
but remember: our posts often appear on the Web itself, or you've got
your own Web page; spammers' software can harvest those addresses like
that.

Someone on the list recommended MailWasher, a freebie download that I've
really liked using. You can delete spam before downloading it, and make
them think your address is no longer valid.

To block an address in Netscape: click on Edit, then Message Filters,
and make the appropropriate selections in that window.

Maggie

Michele Berlin wrote:

> Anybody recieve any emails with the subject line saying 'A Cry for Help"
> and it turns out to be spam. People asking for you to invest money. I
> got two like that. I am trying to see if they picked up my email from
> here or not.
> Also, how does one block an email address on Netscape Navigator?
> Michele

---