Re: Shrink plastic

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 16:38:01 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> << Did you know that shrink plastic is also available in black? Which would
> be very elegant with the metallic pencils. This site carries a variety of
> shrink plastic colors.
> Marcia, > Derby, KS >>
*******************

Hi, Marcia. Don't you remember that one booth that everyone was surrounding
during the NAEA convention last year? I can't remember the company name but
they were using the black shrink plastic to make nametags. The customer used
a piece about 4x6" and wrote with COLORIFIC Gel Markers without preparing
the film beforehand. The colors were VERY bright (like neon) and when shrunk
down, was just the right size for a nametag. You could also pre-cut the
rectangle with scissors to give it some texture around the edges. I bought
some (and some silver "keychain" chains) and intended to have my students
make nametags for their backpacks. Haven't done it yet but the spirit is
there and I intend to one day this year. You know how that goes. I'm excited
about the prospect. Toodles...Bunki

---