Re: student folders

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 20:32:26 PST

One year we got new desks and they came in huge boxes so I cut them on the
diagonal folds and made 2 huge nice folders from each box. I used them
for years. Look
for a bunch of cardboard boxes..maybe have your kids bring them in--that
never worked for me. I have a friend in a furniture store, or check with
a local market.

  I now use the cheapest tag board I have, folded and glued
on the sides with a narrow glued strip of tag. I make the decoration of
it an assignment, and they really use it all year, so it's not a
waste--also it makes it easy to take their stuff home.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 Occasm@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the absolute cheapest yet efficient kind of board to
> make student folders with. I didn't use these last quarter and kids damaged
> other kids artwork in my flat drawers. I plan to have them do name designs on
> them with markers, but I don't want to spend a lot on the material. I have
> some white 4 ply railroad board around but it seems too good for this. Can
> anyone make suggestions.
>
> mike sacco
> pj. Gelinas Jr. high
> setauket, ny