Re: artsednet digest: January 29, 2003

---------

From: Alexandra Viola (alexandraviola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 16:34:33 PST

Hi everyone- I was hoping for some help from the masters- I volunteered to
give a training to some parents whom are often overwhelmed; and I want to
stress the importance of art making at home as a positive experience for the
children and as an excellent (and easy) way to spend quality family time,
etc. I will have a handout with tips on how to talk to your children about
their art, a listing of excellent local museums with free days to visit and
tips for talking about and viewing art. I will give each parent some home
made play dough and the recipie too.
  What I'd like is any tips about studies, articles, websites or books that
will give me some sort of links between art, creativity and sucess in other
subjects/ self esteem/ memory/ reading ability etc. I know they are out
there; but I can't seem to find them. I want to get through the message ART
IS IMPORTANT AND HELPS MAKE YOUR KID A BETTER PERSON. Also, any ideas for a
fun, quick, project I could do with the parents that would translate into
something they could do over and over with thier kids? I am looking for
some excitment. A wow factor. I teach elementary. Thanks! Ali Viola