Re: ART PROJECT IDEAS WITH PRESIDENTS??

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 06:49:37 PST

Hi Nora,
    Here are some of my first thoughts ideas:

A salt map of the president's home state. On it sculpt a relief of the
president's home or the president's portrait.
Or do a 3-D doll house model and create figures and furnishings of the
period to fill it. Study about the First Lady and children and the
fashions/toys of the period as well.
Create an illustrated time line.
Do a penmanship document of the President's life in the style of the period.
A design for a presidential flag.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
            Art teacher, K-5, retired,
            and still with the program.

> A fifth grade classroom teacher approached me about doing an art project
> with her students. Each student was assigned a president to research. She
> wanted me to incorporate an art project where the students were creating
> something about their chosen president(maybe a portrait,

---