Re: An Interesting Anti-War Demonstration

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 04:06:38 PST

In a message dated 02/02/2003 10:34:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jgrochowski@wi.rr.com writes:

> There is a grassroots campaign underway to protest war in lraq in a
> >simple, but potentially powerful way. Place 1/2 cup uncooked rice in a
> >small plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Wrap it in
> piece
> >of paper on which you have written, "If your enemies are hungry, feed
> them.
> >(Romans 12:20) Please send this rice to the people of Iraq; do no attack
> >them." Place the paper and bag of rice in an envelope and address them to:
> >President George Bush,

Unfortunately, this president's interests in war are closely connected with
OIL interests (his own), so his "hunger" for war might be better appeased by
sending him oil. Or, maybe we send a pencil with a note that says, "Put the
war money into education." Oh, no, there I go jumping right in when we
promised to use this forum for art ed purposes...Sorry, can't get me started
about Bush, that non-intellectual.
Susan on Long Island

---