brain gym

---------

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 19:52:38 PST

Do any of your schools do brain gym? we were going to
start Monday until the local Baptist preacher
proclaimed "concerns" about it being a New Age cult
thing, thanks to a website he found. sigh. My
principal (I'd warrant he is just as Christian as the
Baptist preacher) is so disappointed, he had the real
training and everything. So now it is on hold. I'm
wondering if any of your schools have run into this
difficulty. It is being done in some of our special
needs classes with excellent and sometimes quite
startling results. I'm hoping it will help my students
be able to track contour lines better, since a lot of
it deals with visual tracking.