book inquiry

---------

From: Amanda Linn (toasterart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 19:25:11 PST

Assessment in Art Education by Beattie and Thinking
Through Aesthetics by Stewart are published by Davis
Publications.
There are several books in the same series these books
come from- two I refer to all the time in addition to
the ones mentioned above are Talking About Student
Artwork by Terry Barrett and Teaching Meaning in
Artmaking by Sydney Walker.

Teaching Meaning in Artmaking especially turned my
teaching completly on end! After reading the first few
chapters of this book I wanted to find every child I
had ever taught in an art class and apoligize to them
for damage I may have caused or untruths I may have
taught :)

Good, thought provoking books...

Amanda Linn

=====
"every saint has a past- every sinner a future"
Oscar Wilde