Re: humor in art

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 14:30:55 PST

> Don't forget to look at art parodies. There is much humor in that. The site
> for Grant's American Gothic is hysterical. Imagine an American Gothic done
> in jellybeans or a Micky Mouse or Kermit and Miss Piggy version of the
> painting.

I had my advanced painting class do a parody for their final exam last year.
they coudn't' use a well known painting. they had to research the artist, then
make up an alter ego or a fictious character and do piece in he style of that
artist using comical media. the sky was the limit. They could use 3_D
materials if they wanted to. Some were just a stitch. All loved the assignment
and it got the compositional problems across.

Gelato

---