Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Heraldry -links page

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 10:10:17 PST

I have a links page on Heraldry for anyone who is interested:

Some links may be broken by is over a year old.

  In a message dated 2/1/2003 7:17:09 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

    Heraldry, each group chose
    a country from a list I found, research the heraldry of that

  I also did a lesson on Heraldry with my art 3 class. They were to create a shied or medallion that had heraldry or images of their ethnic background. I f they had more than one they were to combine them or use just one. We painted chipboard with a dark value of gray tempera and then used sand over thinned white glue to raise up the areas of the design but leaving a space between each shape. They were colored later with tempera using different color schemes. They liked it because they were getting into their roots and finding images from their own heritage.

  Ken Schwab ---