Re: Fund Raising Ideas Needed

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 10:07:37 PST

Our Art club fund-raises constantly. We made around$500 facepainting kids
at local football games, and $2000 window painting business around town.
We are currently waiting to see how we did with a gift card idea. We have
a large Cowboy Poetry Gathering here which is famous and brings all kinds
of people to town so we did photos (b&w) of barnyard scenes and landscapes
from a really pretty high mountain valley here. We cut them in 2-1/2 x 3"
pieces and mounted on gray construction paper cards and made envelopes
to match (thanks again for the lickable glue recipe) We shrink-wrapped
in pkg. of 6/$10. (our cost c.$75 for photo paper and computer ink)
They looked really slick--we'll find out next week how we did, and they
can remain in gift shops around forever(hopefully not that long). We also
got to McDonalds on Mon, Wed and Fri am and get breakfast items and sell
to students. We have sold out every day--make about $50/week, but it's
really easy. The great money maker is to get a contract on a pop machine
and put it in some student venue. You can make a couple of hundred a week
but loading the thing is a pain.-also some will complain that it is
non-nutritous so we switched to bottles of juice and charged more. We have
painted ads around the baseball fields. Also you can paint the street
numbers in front of houses (on the curb) with a stencil and spray paint
and charge around $5. Our police and fire dept. encourage this for easy
identification of houses. How about sponsoring a dance at your school?
Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #