Re: Heraldry

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 09:16:37 PST

In a message dated 2/1/2003 7:17:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
austart@bryanisd.org writes:

> Heraldry, each group chose
> a country from a list I found, research the heraldry of that
> country,

I also did a lesson on Heraldry with my art 3 class. They were to create a
shied or medallion that had heraldry or images of their ethnic background. I
f they had more than one they were to combine them or use just one. We
painted chipboard with a dark value of gray tempera and then used sand over
thinned white glue to raise up the areas of the design but leaving a space
between each shape. They were colored later with tempera using different
color schemes. They liked it because they were getting into their roots and
finding images from their own heritage.

Ken Schwab

---