Video review: Mexico Journey to the Sun

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 12:45:00 PST

I just previewed this video from our local resource center - Mexico Journey
to the Sun (from Video Visits- Central American Collection. 53 minutes
long). The video shows the ancient treasures of Mexico - presents a little
background information on the ancient cultures as well as the Indians today.
Learn about the people and culture as well as historical informatoin. See a
segment on murals by Diego Rivera, Oaxacan wood carving, pottery and
weaving. Includes dance and music of Mexico and Day of the Dead celebration.
While this video is 53 minutes long - the content most important for the
classroom can be seen in the first 45 minutes or less (the rest is just
about coastal tourist attractions).
One site that a has this video available online:
http://www.maps2anywhere.com/Travel_Videos/Mexico_video_travel.htm
and another http://makeashorterlink.com/?N3EE13E43
(The resource center director ordered it from a social studies catalog)

I have Internet resources for aart and culture of Mexico for any one who
requests.

Judy Decker

---