RE: Space EXPLOSION of the shuttle...!

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 08:34:42 PST

From:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/02/01/shuttle.columbia/index.html

An administration official said the shuttle's altitude -- over 200,000
feet -- made it "highly unlikely" that the shuttle fell victim to a
terrorist act.

The crew members of STS-107 walked out January 16 for launch aboard
Columbia's last mission.

"We have no information at this time that indicates that this was a
terrorism incident," said Gordon Johndroe, press secretary for the
Department of Homeland Security. "Obviously, the investigation is just
beginning, but that is what we know now."

Kimberly
"At times you may end up far away from home. You may not be sure of
where you belong anymore. Home is always there. It's wherever your
passion takes you" Sheridan to David Babylon 5 "Objects at Rest"