Message for TAEA members

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 16:58:09 PST

It is with sadness that I bring this message to Texas Art Education Association members.

TAEA member Cynde Riddle passed away Wednesday evening in Fort Worth. Those of us who have been active in TAEA and NAEA for any length of time know Cynde through her wonderful workshops and unflagging enthusiasm for quality art education. Her many honors included being named Texas Outstanding Elementary Art Educator and Western Region Outstanding Elementary Art Educator. She was a tireless promoter of teaching through the arts. Texas has lost a wonderful person, educator, and artist.

Cynde requested that there not be a memorial service; rather, she preferred to be remembered with a celebration of happiness. All TAEA members are invited to attend a celebration of Cynde's life this Saturday in the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, Oak Room, from 5 - 7:00.

Cynde additionally requested no flowers. She asked that contributions be made to the TAEA Scholarship Fund in her name or that a donation of art supplies in her memory be made to the school of your choice.

If anyone needs further information, please contact me privately.

Pam

---