RE: Using art as discipline. (fwd)

---------

From: Robert L. Snyder (rsnyder_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 15:38:55 PST

Just remind them that Art is a serious subject like Music, PE, ESOL,
etc.. and that you would appreciate it if they wouldn't attempt to deny
students Art or withhold them from Art time as punishment. They can always
take away their recess time or any free time if they (the other
teachers) feel they must deny students something (the negative approach
which we were all taught in edcuation classes was the least effective
means anyway). - Bob Snyder, Maryland, elem. school art teach.