Living Artists for elementary - list compiled

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 07:24:48 PST

I thought maybe someone else might enjoy seeing the list of living artists
suitable for elementary compiled. Higher grade levels may want to take a
look at Woody Duncan's site for his "Living Artists" lesson plan and links
(http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/duncan/LivingArtistsTemplate/ )
 I have not researched to see if all of these folks are still alive....Here
is the list - continue to add names . I hope I didn't miss anyone's
suggestion.

Peter Max
Jim Dine
David Hockney
Frank Stella
LeRoy Neiman
Chuck Close
Faith Ringgold
Sandy Skoglund
Bev Doolittle
Jerry Uelsman, photographer
Jesus Morales, sculptor
James Surls, sculptor, painter
Robert Rauschenberg
Wayne Thiebaud
David Macauley
Marisol
Bridget Riley
Andy Goldsworthy
Jim McNeill

Sculptors:
Claes Oldenberg and his wife, Coosje van Bruggen: "Spoonbridge and Cherry"
Frank Gehry: "Standing Fish"
Martin Puryear: "Ampersand"
Deborah Butterfield: "Woodrow"
Charles Ginnever: "Nautilus"
Mark Di Suvero: "Molecule"
Brower Hatcher: "Prophecy of the Ancients"
Judith Shea: "Without Words"
Marino Marini: "Cavaliers - Horse and Rider"
David Nash: "Standing Frame"
Barry Flanagan: "Hare on Bell"
Ellsworth Kelly: "DoubleCurve"
Kinji Akagawa: "Garden Seating, Reading, Thinking"
Dan Graham: Two Way Mirror Punched Steel Hedge Labyrinth"

Children's Book Illustrators:
Eric Carle
Chris Van Allsburg

At some point I will create a web page for this list. Many of them are on
my American Artists' page (http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/america.htm ).
There are also additional names on the American artist page. I guess you
could add a whole new group of names if you consider illustrators of
children's books......LOTS of living artists on that list.

---