Re: Weaving help needed!

---------

From: JPeterson-Shea (jpeterso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 06:04:29 PST

As far as the center warp threads getting tight, what types of fibers are you
using? Are both the warp and weft the same? Some fibers have more give than
others. Is the fiber being used for the warp "fuzzy", is it catching and
knoting up or felting?
The excess warp threads can be tied in groups to make tassels or can be woven
back into the weaving (if the piece is not going to be washed)

Hope this helps
Julie

The Austin's wrote:

> They are doing a great job of making
> "bubbles" on the edges so their weavings stay nice and straight, but for
> some reason the center warp threads seem to be getting really tight and
> close together. What causes this and how can it be avoided? Mine is doing it
> as well. Also, what is the proper way to finish their weavings? When you
> take them off the loom what do you do with the excess warp thread? We are
> weaving on hand held looms. TIA!

---