Help - Filming for National Boards

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 19:35:59 PST

I need professional tech help. I have had 4 different
people try to help me film my classes for National
boards - and if it is not one problem, it is another.
To make a long story short - and several videos later
- now that the lighting is finally working - the audio
is not. It was not loud enough and then we borrowed a
special mike from the library that was supposed to
pick up the responses from the whole class. The first
time - it picked up absolutely nothing except a few
seconds at the beginning and then static at the end
and my closing words.

Today we field tested before we taped again - and the
student said it was working. We taped the whole lesson
- and every now and then it would phase completely out
when I played the tape back. UGHHHHH! It is a heavy,
flat, black trapezoid looking microphone that is
connected to the camera. It is actually picking up
very softly. I had it in the center of the group and I
can barely hear my own words - and I was close to the
mike.

My frustration is due to about 8 hours of taping and
none of it is usable!!!

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~