shrinky-dinky, polyshrinky question.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 19:27:41 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Okay, shrinkers. I did my first sample today. Not all that thrilled. Made a
"hand" with diff. colors...both in Prang and Berol colored pencils...to see
if one brand was better than the other. No difference on that end.

Went to shrink it with the heat gun. I guess cutting out the fingers
separately on the hand wasn't such a fantastic idea as it REALLY shriveled
and the fingers interlaced...which wasn't my intention, mind you! It whole
thing looked lumpy when cooled and didn't lay perfectly flat. Is this the
norm? It came out kinda dark too as I was expecting the colors to intensify
and get brighter. Am I wrong in that assumption?

I dunno. I'm thinkin' at the moment this project is a bust. I'm hopin' some
of you out there can lead me to the light and I can find the true way to
shrink-ee-dom. I'm all ears for any suggestions.

Baffled by this little ole piece of plastic. Bunki

---