RE: Weaving help needed!

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 16:10:51 PST

Hi Michal,
As an old ex-weaver, here's my two cents worth. The tight warp in the middle is due to not laying the weft across in an upward arc with lots of slack. Then, you beat it down from the middle outwards to each end. It needs the slack as much as the edges need the bubble. There are several classic ways to end the warp but the easiest for kids is to gather the warp ends, which should be left about 6 inches long on each end, into bundles of two or more and then just tie them in a single overhand knot. It makes a nice fringe. One can then add thread on beads as a decorative touch. Congrats that you taught these avid weavers how to do nice straight edges!!

Hope this helps.
Alix Peshette