Re: repoussage for HS

---------

From: Doris Wilbur (wilburd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 15:51:17 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christene Sandeson" <c.sandeson@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: repoussage for HS

> hi
>
> Sorry not to keep up with daily digest, but I have picked upon on the
> repousagge thread and wonder if anyone has any high school projects
> using either aluminum foil or the cheaper barbecue foil?

Christene...I've had students do a personal journal with a foil tooled cover
that represented their likes. It was an accordian fold book and they had to
get a map off the internet of where they lived, include pencil drawings of
pets, favorite animals, sports, etc. and write a page on how they would
spend a perfect day. They were fantastic and I learned so much about them
when they took turns sharing their project with the class. The cover was
tooled and they added permanent marker color over the aluminum tooling foil
which made the colored areas shine. For the front cover they bent about 1/4"
of the foil edges over a piece of thin cardboard and then glued another
piece onto the back of that. the back cover was just a piece of thin
cardboard with construction paper on it. The insides was a long strip of
accordian fold white paper. They had to have something on every page. Oh,
they also included a digital photo of themselves. So this project included
drawing, foil tooling, writing, map making with Mapquest, and taking each
other's digital photos. It took about 6 - 45 minute periods, but well worth
it. Doris

---