Weaving help needed!

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 15:42:26 PST

I have 2 questions that maybe some weavers can answer. In the past my 4th
graders have enjoyed weaving for the most part, but this years class have
taken to it like ducks in water! :-) They are doing a great job of making
"bubbles" on the edges so their weavings stay nice and straight, but for
some reason the center warp threads seem to be getting really tight and
close together. What causes this and how can it be avoided? Mine is doing it
as well. Also, what is the proper way to finish their weavings? When you
take them off the loom what do you do with the excess warp thread? We are
weaving on hand held looms. TIA!
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids