RE: Using art as discipline.

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 10:14:56 PST

This happens alot.....I've tried swimming upstream on this issue, and you
are the only one who ends up frustated....so, I joined in, the Read-deal,
and kept my classes, or offered to come in and read, and I brought all of my
"art" story books, and read about ART!, and in the end, we would look at the
pictures, and talk about what they saw, what they heard, what art words
(elements) did the artist use......so, they may not have had a
"make-and-take" day, but rather the other part of art, the talking,
discussing, constrast/compare part of the art world that is so important.
Remember, more children will grow up to appreciate art as adults if their
exposure encompasses all the art functions. I am a happier, and more
fulfilled person for joining in, rather than fighting the loss of my
classes.
Kathy Tickner