What a surprise I had today!

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:32:11 PST

I was walking past another art teacher's room in my school and looked up
at the bulletin board outside his door..there on the wall was a xerox copy
of an article that rang a LOUD bell with me. I WROTE IT! I submitted it
to "School Arts" several years ago and had almost forgotten about it. In
fact, it had been so long since I had sent it I had it on my list to try
to remember WHO I had submitted it to and submit it somewhere else since I
hadn't heard anything. I recognized the photos and the title "Gifts From
The Heart" instantly, and knew immediately that SOMEONE had published me!
I really don't think I ever got a confirmation from them that they were
going to use my article. If I did, I've had a MAJOR senior moment! (And
you would think I would remember something like that!) I ducked inside my
cohorts room and asked him what magazine I was in! I was stunned,
actually. Anyway, I'm really proud of this one. It means a lot to me.
It is an article detailing the relationship that I have forged with our
school and Texas Children's Hospital. For the past 5 years we have been
doing one major project per year per grade level. The hospital frames the
kids work under glass and puts a plaque under their work. This becomes
part of their permanent collection. This hospital is like a fabulous
children's art museum. It is such a healing place. Original art by
children is EVERYWHERE!!!! I wish you all could see it.

Linda

---