Re: Reposse

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 12:55:31 PST

I cut mine from rolls. I only put masking tape on my spec ed kids' projects.
The rest just have to be careful. We discuss it, so they are aware. After 19
years, I don't recall ever having anyone get cut. If the kids ask me about it
and are worried, I have them draw a line with a ruler around the edge about a
quarter of an inch in, an then fold that part over. Then I have them rub over
the folded edge with the sharpie to flatten it and make it more flush with the
picture surface. Also, who ever responded about sometimes the ink pooling
because of greasy hands, I have the kids rub the surface with steel wool and
then ink again, if this happens.The steel wool will keep the ink from
retracting. I love to point out where the kids fingers were on their
projects. Sometimes I remember to tell them to wash first.Most times, I
forget until it happens. Betsy

dianedavis@softhome.net wrote:

> Do any of you cut the metal from rolls? How do you make the edges safe for
> kids? I've been using masking tape on the edges, but it takes a great deal

---